Looking for some fun and easy DIY Valentine’s Day crafts to do with your kids?
Look no further!
As a parent, I know how important it is to create special memories with your little ones, and what better way to do it than with some adorable crafts that they can make and share with their loved ones?
In this article, I’ll be sharing 5 super cute and easy Valentine’s Day crafts that your kids will love. So, get ready to spread some love and have some fun!
5 Adorable DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make and Share
Valentine’s Day is around the corner and I am excited to share some DIY craft ideas for kids to make and share with their loved ones.
I always find handmade gifts to be more special, and it’s even more exciting when kids create something with their own hands.
Today, I’m going to share with you 5 adorable Valentine’s Day crafts that are perfect for kids to make and share with their friends and family.
So, grab your supplies, and let’s get crafting!
DIY Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids #1: Heart-Shaped Bookmarks
Heart-Shaped Bookmarks are an easy and fun DIY craft that kids can make for Valentine’s Day.
Creating something special with their own hands is a wonderful way for kids to express their love and appreciation for their loved ones.
I encourage you to try making these bookmarks with your kids and to share your creations with me on social media.
Don’t forget to try out the other DIY crafts in the article too!
For this craft, you will need:
- Construction paper (in various colors)
- Cut out a heart shape from construction paper using scissors.
- Decorate the heart with markers or stickers. You can add fun designs or write a message on the heart.
- Cut out a rectangular piece of paper, about 2 inches in width and 4 inches in length, to create the bookmark.
- Glue the heart to the top of the rectangular piece of paper, making sure to leave enough space for the bookmark to stick out of the book.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
DIY Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids #2: Handprint Valentine’s Day Cards
I remember making these cards with my son last Valentine’s Day. It was so much fun watching him giggle as I painted his hand and pressed it onto the cardstock.
We talked about all the people we loved and how we were going to surprise them with our handmade cards.
The cards turned out so cute, and we received so many compliments from family and friends.
To make Handprint Valentine’s Day Cards, you will need:
- Colored cardstock or construction paper
- Paint (washable and non-toxic like this one)
- Fold a piece of cardstock or construction paper in half to create a card.
- Using a paintbrush, paint your child’s hand with the color of your choice.
- Press your child’s hand onto the front of the cardstock, making sure to spread the fingers apart.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Using scissors, cut around the handprint to create the shape of a heart.
- Glue the heart-shaped handprint onto the front of the card.
- Write a sweet message on the card using markers.
DIY Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids #3: Love Bug Finger Puppets
Love Bug Finger Puppets are an easy and fun DIY craft for kids to make this Valentine’s Day.
These adorable little bugs make perfect gifts for friends and family, or they can be used to put on a puppet show.
I encourage you to try making these puppets with your little ones and to let their imaginations run wild with different designs.
To make Love Bug Finger Puppets, you will need:
- Cut a pipe cleaner into three equal pieces.
- Take one of the pipe cleaner pieces and twist it into a heart shape.
- Glue a pom-pom into the heart-shaped pipe cleaner to create a head.
- Glue googly eyes onto the pom-pom.
- Take the other two pipe cleaner pieces and twist them together to create the bug’s body.
- Bend the body into a loop shape and glue the heart-shaped head onto the top of the loop.
- Cut two smaller pieces of pipe cleaner and twist them into antennae.
- Glue the antennae onto the head.
- Repeat steps 2-8 to make more Love Bug Finger Puppets.
DIY Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids #4: Heart-Shaped Bird Feeders
My kids and I made heart-shaped bird feeders last Valentine’s Day, and it was such a fun and rewarding experience.
We enjoyed mixing the birdseed with the gelatin mixture and filling up the cookie cutters to make heart shapes.
Once the bird feeders were ready, we hung them in our backyard and watched as birds came to eat from them.
It was heartwarming to see the birds enjoying the treats we made for them.
To make heart-shaped bird feeders, you will need:
- Gelatin or corn syrup
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Twine or string
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Straw or skewer
- In a mixing bowl, mix 1/4 cup of gelatin or corn syrup with 1/2 cup of hot water until the gelatin or syrup dissolves.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of birdseed until it is evenly coated with the gelatin or syrup mixture.
- Lay out a sheet of parchment paper and place a heart-shaped cookie cutter on top of it.
- Spoon the birdseed mixture into the cookie cutter until it is filled to the top.
- Use a straw or skewer to make a hole in the birdseed mixture at the top of the cookie cutter.
- Let the birdseed mixture cool and harden for about 2 hours.
- Once the mixture has hardened, gently push the heart-shaped bird feeder out of the cookie cutter.
- Thread a piece of twine or string through the hole at the top of the bird feeder and tie it in a knot.
- Hang the heart-shaped bird feeder in a tree or from a bird feeder hook.
DIY Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids #5: Valentine’s Day Treat Jars
Valentine’s Day is a day to celebrate love and affection for others, and what better way to do that than by giving them a special treat in a cute and personalized jar?
These Valentine’s Day treat jars are easy to make and will make a thoughtful gift for your loved ones.
To make Valentine’s Day treat jars, you will need:
- Small glass jars with lids
- Paint or markers
- Foam brushes
- Decorative paper or washi tape
- Glue or tape
- Treats (candy, chocolates, etc.)
- Wash and dry the small glass jars with lids.
- Use paint or markers to decorate the lids of the jars with Valentine’s Day-themed designs such as hearts, arrows, and love notes.
- Cut out a piece of decorative paper or washi tape that will fit around the middle of the jar.
- Use glue or tape to attach the decorative paper or washi tape to the jar.
- Fill the jar with treats such as candy or chocolates.
- Screw the lid onto the jar.
Ready To Spread Love and Joy with DIY Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids?
Valentine’s Day is all about spreading love and making memories with your loved ones, and what better way to do it than with some fun and easy DIY crafts?
With these 5 adorable Valentine’s Day crafts, your kids can create heartfelt gifts and decorations that will bring joy to everyone around them.
From cute heart-shaped bookmarks to personalized jars, these crafts are sure to keep your kids entertained and engaged while spreading love and happiness.
So, why not give them a try and make this Valentine’s Day a special one for your family?